Initially it is essential that you know some legal aspects to enter Uncle Sam's country, in addition to acquiring your flights to and from the country, you should know that it will be necessary to present your ESTA and passport (in some cases also the VISA)
Important facts to explore Orlando by car on your 1st time
North America is a continent that is worth traveling from beginning to end, in fact, there are many travelers (including us) who have designed guides and multiple routes that, in addition to allowing you to cover territories that travel agencies cannot offer you (in Alaska for example), you save time and money, so we find it useful to inform you how to take a tour at your own pace, saving money during your trip with some tricks.
On our first trip to Orlando we were very small but eventually my parents took the road to fulfill our American dream: to know the parks with the greatest tourist recognition, traveling kilometers and kilometers in a car. It is quite common that tourists or visitors buy or rent a car there, in our case, we rented it, making sure first of which was the agency with the best reputation for renting it (going to TrusPilot), obtaining as a result Miles Car Rental which provided us with permanent advice, we got the most competitive rates in the market and received the best customer service during the online booking procedure, everything was very easy, fast and transparent. And the best part was that they had the option to pick up the car in one state and deliver it in anotherand thus be able to make a journey from coast to coast.
For thoseIf you decide to rent, we advise you to do it at least 10 days before your trip, when making your reservation you must have the following documentation and some recommendations present, to carry out this process successfully.
- Current driver's license: it is not mandatory to present an international license, with that of your country of origin it is sufficient as long as it has not expired
- Credit card: To rent a vehicle, the main driver must have a credit card in his name with sufficient solvency.
- When making your reservation it is mandatory to purchase CDW insurance (with any company), which has coverage for damage, theft and accident of the car.
- If you require more protection, car rental companies offer others sure they are optional, but they give you greater driving safety.
- Try to request your car with GPS device so that when traveling do not have difficulties with your location.
- Avoid complications with the gas booking online with a rate that already includes it, so it will be cheaper to request directly at the counter, you can pick up your car with a full tank and deliver it empty (or not so full), in this way you will also avoid paying high sums on Gas stations near the airport.
- Within the regulations of car rental in the United States, the eMinimum age to provide the service is 21 yearsHowever, there are car rental companies that charge an additional charge to drivers of this age, so it is preferable that those who are going to drive have a minimum of 25 years to avoid incurring more expenses.
- It is very important that you know that there is speed it is measured in miles per hour and not in kilometers per hour, so it is better to be cautious.
- Before starting your tour you must be clear about the states you are going to visit, as well as their traffic rules such as speed limits and road signs.
- In the case of making a trip through different states, keep in mind that you must purchase the service of at the counter automatic toll collection, through which these will be charged to your credit card and you will avoid lines when crossing the highways.
We had also commented on the option of buying a car that is very common in the United States and more when such extensive routes are going to be made. However, as I said at the beginning, when we travel, what is sought is to economize, so this acquisition was not contemplated in our organization of any trip, because nobody guaranteed us that we could sell the car before leaving North America and we knew with anticipation that the cost of insurance was very high.
Isaac, remembering the trip to Orlando (United States)